10 impressive statistics to back your trade show marketing program
Often times, trade shows are hyped as the ultimate business-to-business marketing component and sales mechanism without any data to support it. At our Open House last week, we shared a presentation that gave impressive statistics on the ROI of exhibiting at trade shows. Here are a few more key statistics that were previously published by The Center for Exhibition Industry Research.
- 83% of the attendees have some kind of buying power
- 85% of decision makers say attending trade shows saves their company time and money by bringing vendors together under one roof
- 79% of the attendees say that attending shows helps them decide on what products to buy
- 91% of attendees say that trade shows impact their buying decisions because the competition is in one place allowing for comparison shopping in real time
- 85% of an exhibitor’s success lies in the performance of the staff
- 53% of exhibit managers say its “difficult” or “very difficult” to keep effective booth staffers
- Converting a trade shows lead to a sale costs 38% less than sales calls alone
- Trade show visitors will tell 6+ people about their experience
- 81% of attendees at a recent show agreed that trade shows help attendees become aware of new products and services
- 91% of attendees tell us they get the most useful buying info from trade shows and events
Trade shows are the #1 business-to-business marketing spend to support sales beating out specialty publications, internet, promotions, and PR respectively. If you are seeking justifications to why you should continue or start exhibiting – just consider the above statistics. Exhibiting works!